- Annual College Club of Montclair Used Book Sale √¢‚Ç¨≈ìIf you have never been to this annual used book sale √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú you have been missing a great event√¢‚Ç¨¬ù says Adriana O√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢Toole. It√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s a fundraiser for the club√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s scholarship program, and a chance to load up on great collections, cookbooks, history books, etc. You can line up with all the booksellers today and pay $5 admission, or wait until tomorrow √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú Saturday – when it√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s free. 9:30 a.m. √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú 9 p.m. Also throughout next week: Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday 2 √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú 6 p.m. Thursday, Friday, & Saturday, 10 √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú6. 26 Park Street.
- On T.V. – Two Dudes from Montclair: Dewar MacLeod, professor of history at William Paterson University in Wayne, will be featured on “One-on-One with Steve Adubato” tonight, at 6:30 p.m. on CN8-The Comcast Network. He will discuss √¢‚Ç¨≈ìThe Challenges of American Suburbia.√¢‚Ç¨¬ù We’re hoping that since suburbia is the subject, they might mention a certain book that we love.
- Phoenix Dance Theatre, one of Britain√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s leading dance companies, comes to Baristaville for its American premiere at MSU. They√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢ll dance 2 programs over the weekend. Tonight, √¢‚Ç¨≈ìMixed Bill√¢‚Ç¨¬ù, tomorrow, April 1, √¢‚Ç¨≈ìPlanted Seeds√¢‚Ç¨¬ù – 7:30 p.m. Tickets, $35 √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú Alexander Kasser Theatre, Normal Avenue, Montclair. 973-655-5512 Read the NY Times review here.
- Stars of the Moscow State Circus – One night only -at Caldwell College, 9 Ryerson Avenue, Caldwell. Performances are at 5 and 8 p.m. Tickets available at the door. An adult admission is $22, but you get to bring three kids for free! Additional kids, $7.50. 973-228-4424.
- And while you√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢re dining√¢‚Ç¨¬¶The Sharp Four, featuring guest saxophonist Chris Dragotta, plays 8-10 pm at Church Street Cafe. 12 Church Street, Montclair. 973-233-0216.
Saturday, April 1
- The Princess and the Pea, at Studio Players √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú A family theatre event to benefit the Montclair Developmental Learning Center. Doors open at 10:15 for bagels, juice and coffee. Show begins at 11 a.m. $10. 14 Alvin Place, Montclair. 973-320-3370
- The Work of Fred Rosenberg: 4 1/2 Decades of Photography, at Studio Montclair Block Gallery. Artist√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s reception tonight, 6-8 p.m. Gallery open Monday √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. through April 30. In the Clark House, 108 Orange Road, Montclair. 973-744-1818. Free.
Sunday, April 2
- Montclair Chamber Ensemble performs Bach, Mozart, and Vivaldi at 3 p.m. in the Presbyterian Church of Upper Montclair. Advance tickets are $18/$10 students & seniors, $20/$12 at the door. 53 Norwood Avenue, 973-744-7716
- Spiritual Drumming Class, with nationally acclaimed jazz musician, Richard Reiter. For adults and mature teens, no musical training necessary. Bring your own instrument or use one provided. 3-5 p.m., Outpost in the Burbs, First Congregational Church, 40 South Fullerton Avenue, Montclair. 973-7446560.
- You read it, now watch it√¢‚Ç¨¬¶Exclusive screening of The Celestine Prophecy, 7:30 p.m. at the Wellmont Theatre, sponsored by New Life Journeys. Several vendors presenting books, CD√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s and info on health, wellness, and spirituality will be in the lobby, doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are available in advance online, and at the door, $15. If you can√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢t make it this week, next Sunday, April 9, there’s another showing. 7:30 p.m. 5 Seymour Street, Montclair.
- Free Children√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s Concert √¢‚Ç¨≈ìNautical Nonsense√¢‚Ç¨¬ù presented by the Montclair Community Band, at Montclair High Auditorium. 3p.m. Info: 973-744-1454
- Young Designers Spring Fashion Show, by Celia√¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢s Chicas. Celia offers creative sewing workshops for young seamstresses, coaxing their design inspiration to emerge through pattern making and artistic sewing. This Sunday, future Betsey Johnsons display their individual sense of style, modeling original designs. At Over the Edge, 37 Glenridge Ave in Montclair, 5-7 p.m. Free.
- Womanly Gestures: The Energetic Art of Fern Bass at the Westminster Art Gallery. This exhibit of works by Montclair artist Fern Bass runs through April 28. Monday √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú Friday 10 a.m. √¢‚Ç¨‚Äú 4 p.m. 63 Fremont Street at the Bloomfield College campus. 973-748-9000. Read the Montclair Times review.
Now it’s your turn, give us a thrill…