Another weekend filled with fun things to do and beautiful weather! It’s a three day weekend for most and we gave you some fun ideas, or vacation camp options, for Columbus Day here.
In addition to those, check our Upcoming Events to find out all the happenings and details. We’ve added a nifty new feature that allows you to share, “Recommend” on Facebook or Tweet any of our listed events! We work really hard to give you the most comprehensive events listing around, so if you attend an event because you learned about it from Barista Kids, make sure to give us a shout out.
Here’s a list of fun things to do this weekend!
- Erik Johnson, a third-generation silhouette artist, will be at Just Kidding Around in Montclair tomorrow creating beautiful keepsake silhouette of children. (Saturday, October 8)
- Go Pumpkin Picking!
- Take a trip to Grounds For Sculpture in Hamilton for a special pumpkin carving demonstration. there’s tons to do with kids. (Saturday, October 8)
- The Montclair YMCA will hold a Family Night & Family Swim on Saturday. Lots of fun for all ages. (Saturday, October 8)
- Get your Halloween festivities started with a haunted house! There’s a really scary version on Saturday and a “not-so-scary” version on Sunday at State Scare Factory in Belleville. (Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9)
- Take a day trip to Snug Harbor!
- Commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War at the Newark Museum through music, tours of the galleries and hands-on activities for all ages. (Sunday, October 9).
Have a great weekend!