Kelli DeFlora is known and loved in Montclair for her pre-natal yoga classes, new mother circles, infant massage courses, doula services—basically everything a soon-to-be and new mother would need. She has offered her services at local yoga studios and her home and on November 12, Kelli will open Montclair B.A.B.Y in the space next to Montclair Bread Company on Walnut Street. The center will offer a free week of classes, such as: Prenatal Yoga, Mommy & Baby Yoga, Toddler Yoga, Yoga for Abs and Core, Support groups, and a fun toddler play group.
B.A.B.Y is an acronym for: birth, advocacy, breastfeeding and yoga. It will be staffed with a great resource of specialists—from lactation consultants, doulas, yoga instructors, massage therapists, childbirth educators and more.
The specialists and teachers at Montclair B.A.B.Y believe:
At Montclair B.A.B.Y. we believe that:
- Birth is a sacred Rite of Passage, not just a “medical event,” even when medical care is necessary
- A woman’s body holds within it all the power of creation
- Holistic birth preparation provides tools for a mindful birth experience
- Birth preparation is also parent preparation
- Parents should be respected and supported in whatever decisions may be right for them
- Fathers deserve to experience their own transformation into “Father” as a part of a birthing couple,
not as “coaches”
- The postpartum period embraces a delicate passage into parenting that should be held sacred
- Women need the company of other women during the postpartum period
Welcome this new business and support system for parents by trying out a free class the week of November 12.