Power has been restored to nine of our eleven schools; Bradford and Watchung elementary schools are still without power. Our communication with Mayor Robert Jackson leaves us hopeful that power will be restored within the next few days to both Bradford and Watchung Schools.
NORMAL SCHEDULE FOR SCHOOLS WITH POWER: Bullock, Edgemont, Glenfield, Hillside, Montclair High School, Mount Hebron, Nishuane, Northeast and Renaissance. These schools will open on Wednesday, November 7 and operate on a full day schedule for the week. Food service will be available at all schools.
THE PLAN FOR SCHOOLS WITHOUT POWER: Bradford and Watchung schools will open this week only if the power is restored. In the event that power is not restored by Friday, November 9, 2012, we will have developed an alternate location for Bradford and Watchung students so they can get back to class as soon as possible. Alternate arrangements will be announced by the end of this week, if they are necessary.
BUS ROUTES: We have assessed that most of our regular bus routes are safe, and we are changing stops that are determined to be of concern. Any changes in bus stops will be individually communicated by phone to all affected families. This information will also be posted on this website, and shared with news outlets.Attention Parents/Guardians of Transported StudentsDue to the impact of storm Sandy, the following bus stops have been temporarily relocated until further notice:
- All bus stops on Norwood Ave. & Elston Rd. have been temporarily moved to Norwood Ave. & Glenwood Rd.
- All bus stops on Elm St. & Elmwood Rd. have been temporarily moved to Elm St. & Lexington Ave.
- All bus stops on Clarewill & Grove St. have been temporarily moved to Grove St. & Haddon Pl.
- All bus stops on Park St. & Inwood have been temporarily moved to Park St. & Buckingham Rd.
- All bus stops on Park St. & Haddon Pl. have been temporarily moved to Park St. & Lorraine Ave.
We thank parents and members of the community for their continued diligence in helping to keep sidewalks clear as to ensure an unobstructed route for students who walk or bike to school. The PTAs have generously offered to provide extra support in getting students to school safely.