The flu vaccine is recommended for all people age 6 months and older. In addition to the adult vaccination clinics, this year, the Health Department will be vaccinating children ages 11 and older. Minors must be accompanied by their parent.
This immunization is not recommended for anyone allergic to eggs, chicken feathers, chicken dander, or with history of Guillian-Barre syndrome. Persons who are immunosuppressed due to chemotherapy or AIDS must consult with their own physicians.
The fee for the vaccine is $20.00. The vaccine is FREE TO MEDICARE PART B RECPIENTS IF MEDICARE IS YOUR PRIMARY INSURANCE. You must bring your Medicare card with you.
The pneumonia vaccine will also be offered. Usually, one dose of pneumovax is needed. A second dose is recommended for people aged 65 and older who got their first dose when they were under 65, if 5 or more years have passed since that dose. The vaccine is now recommended for smokers and asthmatics. Also, a second dose is recommended for people with some chronic conditions. Please check with your physician if you are unsure as to whether or not to get the vaccine.
Persons 65 and older should bring their Medicare cards; pneumonia vaccine is also free to Medicare Part B recipients if Medicare is your primary insurance.
The clinics are open to Montclair, Cedar Grove and Verona residents, no appointment is required. The locations and times are as follows:
Thursday, September 12
- Montclair Municipal Building, 205 Claremont Ave, 9 am – 11:30 am
Monday, September 30
- Adult Only: First Montclair House, 56 Walnut St., 9:30 – 10:30 am
- Adult Only: Pine Ridge Senior Center, 60 Glenridge Ave., 10:45 – 11:30 am
- Adult Only: South End Gardens, 340 Orange Rd., 12 – 12:45 pm.
Wednesday, October 2
- Montclair Municipal Building, 205 Claremont Ave, 5 – 7 pm
Monday, September 23
- Cedar Grove Municipal Bldg., 525 Pompton Ave, 9 – 10:30 am
- Cedar Grove Senior Center, 100 Cedar Ridge Dr., 11 am – 12 pm
Wednesday, October 9
- Adult Clinic Only: Hillwood Senior Apartments, 100 Hillwood Terrace, 9:30 – 10:30 am
- Adult Clinic Only: Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Ave, 5 -7 pm
For more information please contact the Montclair Health Department at 973-509-4970