Your latest local restaurant news:
- Openings: Andersons 1949 and Heritage House have opened their doors.
- Jimmy Johns known for its all-natural, fresh gourmet sandwiches and high-speed delivery service, has opened in The Siena building in the former Twist frozen yogurt spot.
Also in The Siena, Chocolate Works, an interactive chocolate factory experience, has opened:
- Closings: “Matty’s Kitchen” at Depot Square Bar and Restaurant (the bar remains open) and Xocolatz
- Coming soon to Glenridge Avenue is MishMish Cafe Coffee & Food. The website describes it as “a restaurant, cafe, and artisanal foods shop that offers healthy cuisine made with seasonal and locally sourced food and prepared with Mediterranean focus.”
- Fricassée French Bistro has designated Wednesdays as Gibier, or Game Night. Each week will offer a special game meat plat du jour, such as venison or rabbit.
- Score a free cup of coffee at Yalo & Me Bistro on Church Street through Monday, October 27!
- The Thai Elephant Truck is parking for good and opening up a restaurant on
Upper Montclair18 Grove Avenue in Verona.
- Michael Carrino, chef and partner of Montclair’s Pig & Prince Restaurant & Gastro-lounge, was seen rubbing elbows with New York Jets great, “Broadway Joe” Namath and renown chef, Mario Batali, over the weekend at The Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival. Carrino was there as a result of a new partnership with the New York Jets Cooking School.