Your latest local restaurant news:
- When one Montclair burger joint closes, another one opens… Elevation Burger posted a sign that it’s closed for business. It’s déjà vu all over again. But Stuffed Burger has opened for business.
- There’s still time to get a seat at the Olive That and More Anniversary Dinner at Yellow Plum tomorrow night.
- Just Jake’s in Montclair will hold its 2nd annual Pork Fest on Saturday, October 4 from 3 pm – 7 pm.
- Saturday is National Taco Day and to celebrate Chef Adam Rose of Montlcair’s newest Mexican restaurant Villalobos is sharing his outrageously good Carne Asada Taco recipe. They are just one of the nine varieties of tacos on his fall menus, including Al Pastor de Pollo (my personal favorite), Carnitas with roasted corn and Pescado with serrano & cabbage slaw. Here’s the Villalobos Carne Asada Taco recipe:
Carne Asada Taco
Take cleaned skirt steak, place in shallow pan. Season with cilantro, olive oil, morita, salt & pepper to create a marinade. Cover and let rest for two hours. Remove skirt steak and grill each side for 5 minutes. Remove from grill and let rest 2 minutes. While meat is resting, place tortillas on the grill to heat. Chop steak, assemble on tortillas, and top with the garnish of chopped onion and limes.
- Tickets are still available (but act fast!) for the Third Annual Montclair Fall Food Classic. Guests will enjoy a seasonal menu from Chef Robert Pantusa of Osteria Giotto in Montclair and Chef Francesco Palmieri of The Orange Squirrel in Bloomfield, and raise money for a very good cause.
- Speaking of Francesco Palmieri, the chef and owner of The Orange Squirrel is a huge fan of Vincent Price. This year he is moving his annual Vincent Price Dinner to the James Beard House this year on Thursday, October 30. Chef Palmieri will offer a menu from Price’s A Treasury of Great Recipes, with special guest, Victoria Price, Vincent & Mary Price’s daughter, who will discuss her famous father‘s passion for food and film. Get details and make reservations online here.