32 Montclair students graduate from Montclair Kimberley Academy
(COURTESY DAVID KENAS)
Montclair Kimberley Academy graduated 108 students at its June 12 commencement ceremony, 32 of whom live in Montclair.
Olivia Okun-Dubitsky of Montclair was one of two students to share reflections during the ceremony. The graduating seniors will define their own futures, she said.
“We can choose to remember that the dictionary hasn’t defined everything yet, and it is up to us to expand it,” Okun-Dubitsky said.
“We will choose to add to the dictionary of wonderful things, pushing possibility with courage and grace. So here’s to our choices well-made and to the beautiful choices we have yet to make.”
Nine of the Montclair graduates were inducted into Montclair Kimberley Academy’s Cum Laude Society during a June 11 ceremony. The inductees were Christina Bonarti, Natalia Espinosa Dice, Martine Gulliver, Michael Kazarian, Sofia Malaspina, Connor Murphy, Okun-Dubitsky, Clara Turck and Noah Weinberg.
Several graduates from Montclair received awards:
- Rudolph Deetjen Award: Chloe Skipper
- Dr. Peter R. Greer Character Award: Weinberg
- Head’s Award: Murphy
- John Rabuse History Prize: Okun-Dubitsky
- Computer Science Award: Espinosa Dice
- Barras English Prize: Okun-Dubitsky
- World Language Prizes: Gulliver (Spanish) and Turck (French)
- National Strings: Bonarti
- Marilyn Faden Award for Excellence in the Theatre Arts:
- Mary K. Waring Scholars: Bonarti, Ella Breslawsky, Raghav
Cholappadi, Espinosa Dice, Liam Hall, Malaspina, Matteo
McClendon, Kathryn Nossa, Okun-Dubitsky and Turck
- Avery Barras Distinguished Scholar: Gulliver and Murphy
- Presidential Service Award: Liam Manlowe
- Essex County Scholar-Athlete Award Recipient: Isiah Udofia
- Senior Captain’s Prize: Avery Song
— Information provided by Montclair Kimberley Academy