Montclair district changes for the primary election
Due to population changes and other concerns documented during the 2020 Census, new boundaries for wards and election districts in Montclair were required pursuant to New Jersey law.
The new ward and election districts will apply in the June 7 primary election as well as the Nov. 8 general election. Voters can find their polling place using the interactive map.
There are four major changes for Montclair voters as outlined here.
- Total election districts increased from 35 to 41 (six new districts added by reducing the size of existing districts 2-7,3-6, 4-2 and 4-7);
- New poll site added to Ward 4 (St. Paul Baptist Church);
- Poll site changed for Ward 2 and Ward 4 voters: some 2-1 voters who used to vote at Edgemont School moved to 3-1 and will vote at Hillside School; some 4-7 voters who once voted at Trinity Presbyterian Church will vote at St. Paul Baptist Church;
- A total of 20,938 voters from Wards 2, 3, and 4 combined were moved from Congressional District 10 to Congressional District 11. The only change for these voters on Election Day is their ballots.
Changes by ward are detailed in the documents below:
- WARD 2‐Address Range Report Year 2022 Election Changes
- WARD 3‐Address Range Report Year 2022 Election Changes
- WARD 4‐Address Range Report Year 2022 Election Changes
For questions about Montclair's ward or election districts, contact the municipal clerk’s office at 973-509-4900.