- This event has passed.
NMOA: Summer Series | A Night of Jazz and Soul with Patience Higgins and the Sugar Hill Quartet: August 11, 2022
August 11, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm$12 – $15
$15 GENERAL ADMISSION | $12 NMOA MEMBERS, NJS PATRONS & CHILDREN
Patience Higgins and the Sugar Hill Quartet have kept Harlem swinging for more than twenty years.
Come hear the band play live in our Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden. “If you like your jazz up tempo and overflowing with vitality, look no farther.”—Jazz Times magazine.
A Night of Jazz and Soul is organized by Sheila Anderson, WBGO host and jazz event curator.
NMOA Summer Series is a partnership between The Newark Museum of Art & New Jersey Symphony. Learn more.
This event is part of a series of public programs supporting the exhibitions Billie Holiday at Sugar Hill: Photographs by Jerry Dantzic and Jazz Greats: Classic Photographs from the Bank of America Collection. On view from June 9 to August 21, 2022.
- The Museum no longer requires proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 tests, or temperature screenings.
- On-site parking is available for $10. Use Washington Street entrance by Central Avenue.
- Enter event through the Alice Ransom Dreyfuss Memorial Garden gate, located next to the Museum parking lot. Doors open at 6:15pm. Show your digital or printed ticket to our Visitor Experience Assistant.
- Food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of Sterling Affairs and Urban Vegan Kitchen.
- Accessible restrooms are available inside the Museum through the South Wing entrance.
- No refunds or exchanges unless the event is canceled or postponed.
- In case of inclement weather, the event will be moved to the Billy Johnson Auditorium.