Farmers market creates safety measures, introduces curbside pickup
Farmers markets are essential retail businesses and the Montclair Farmers' Market remains open as a safe food shopping choice for the community, operating on Saturdays from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Walnut Street Train Station Parking Lot.
The market has put in place many health and safety measures to ensure shoppers have a safe experience:
- All Farmers’ Market shoppers must wear protective face masks to enter the market; all vendors are already wearing masks and gloves to assist shoppers.
- Vendors will provide "No Touch" shopping by staffing produce tables to pick up and place the selected fresh, healthy products in shoppers' bags.
- Access to the market area will be restricted to one entrance and one exit for the original site to reduce crowd mingling.
- Six-foot spacing markers will again be placed throughout the area.
- The market has now been expanded to both sides of the railroad tracks to enable vendors' canopies to be spaced linearly, allowing more space for shoppers.
- And finally, an online shopping market is now available for customers to shop, pay then pick up orders at the market. Visit the Farmers’ Market website for details: https://mycommunitymarketplace.com/montclair-farmers-market/