Free webinar on Montclair’s new rent control law
The Montclair Branch NAACP Housing Committee and the New Jersey Tenant Organization are presenting a free tenant educational workshop on the new Montclair rent control ordinance on Monday, June 27, at 7 p.m.
The webinar’s panelists will include:
- Mitch Kahn, vice president, New Jersey Tenant organization;
- William Scott, chair, NAACP Housing Committee;
- Dierdre Malloy, chair, NAACP Economic Development Committee;
- Joan Pransky, tenant advocate and attorney.
The presentation will be followed by a question-and-answer period:
- Frequently asked questions;
- Tenants' statement of rights;
- “Tenants’ Rights in NJ,” a legal manual for tenants
Registration will be available through montclairnaacp.org.