Montclairites offer freebies for furloughed workers
By Jaimie Julia Winters
President Donald Trump and congress may have reached a deal on Friday to reopen the government for the next three weeks, but Montclair business and community members are still offering some relief for government employees who are in day 35 without a paycheck.
Tomorrow, Jan. 26, 2:30 p.m, the First Congregational Church will hold a luncheon for furloughed federal employees at the Guild Room, 40 South Fullerton Ave., Montclair.
LOCAL DEALS FOR FURLOUGHED WORKERS
- NJ Acupuncture Wellness: Free sessions to workers affected by the shutdown.
- Olsen Reiki, Shiatsu & Massage: Free massages in Montclair. Call Pamela Olsen at 973-393-2135 to book.
- Java Love: Government employees are eligible for free coffee.
- Montclair Art Museum: The museum is open free of charge to workers affected by the shutdown. Workers should present government ID at the entrance.
- Kika Stretch Studios: The studios are offering free stretch sessions to workers affected by the shutdown
- Fred Astaire Upper Montclair: If you’ve been furloughed or without pay during the shut down, schedule a free introductory dance lesson package 973-783-8999.
- Montclair Bread Company: Free sandwich, bread, coffee for government workers
- Montclair Brewery: Free pint to furloughed government employees
- Little Daisy Bake Shop: Treats from 5 to 6 p.m. on Sunday
- Toni's Kitchen: Offering supermarket gift cards to those with no pay
- East Side Mags: Offering a free comic or graphic novel with a government ID, while supplies last.