Montclair Kimberley Academy podcast features alumni innovators
Montclair Kimberley Academy is expanding its podcast "Inquiry to Insight" to include a month-long series titled "MKA Alumni Innovators."
The series will explore how the innovators "generate ideas, how they test and implement them, how they learn, and where they think they are going next," according to the MKA website.
The series will feature:
- Patricia Chin Sweeney ‘99, director of IDEV Africa/ IDEV International
- "IDEV Africa is a boutique advisory firm focused on strengthening companies through investment, operations and strategy support," an MKA press release says. "Based in Nairobi, Kenya, IDEV Africa has worked across East, Southern and West Africa to identify, coach and consult great businesses and organizations to be their best, and to advise investors on leading investment opportunities and strategy in the African market context."
- Mark Smukler ‘08, founder and CEO of Flow
- "Flow is a location-based app that makes it easy to discover and access the places around you," the press release says. "They partner with commercial businesses like workspaces and gyms to attract customers and fill underutilized space by providing a flexible pay-as-you-go alternative to restrictive memberships and long-term commitments. Their mission at Flow is to transform real estate assets into consumable products by minimizing friction and maximizing flexibility through a platform that makes physical space discoverable, accessible, and transact-able."
- Carina Wong ‘11, documentary filmmaker
- Wong has been a producer and camera operator for HBO, Hulu, National Geographic and Vice News, according to the press release.
- Kevin Wilkins ‘83, founder and managing director at trepwise, llc
- "Trepwise is the fastest growing management consulting firm in its region," the press release says. "They are working nationally to help organizations build healthy culture, strategic plans and implementation and measurement systems to ensure innovation and prosperity, all of which lead to organizational success."
The podcast is hosted by Steve Valentine, assistant head of the Upper School and director of Academic Leadership.
“With this new series, we are providing our listeners with an incredible amount of knowledge, all geared toward innovation," Valentine said in the press release. "Whether they are trying to learn about cutting edge organizational strategies, how to enhance workplace culture, or ways to uncover new ideas in their own contexts, they will find something new and something valuable in these interviews."
For more information on the podcast and to listen to the episodes visit the podcast page on MKA's website at mka.org/inquirytoinsight.