Nearly 8 inches of snow in Montclair, more may be coming (PLUS: Your pics)
Whether the weather is frightful or delightful for Montclair depends a lot on one question: Whether you're the one shoveling.
A public report to the National Weather Service puts Sunday's snowfall in nearby West Orange at 7.7 inches, just a little less than the most seen in Essex County, at 8.1 inches in Cedar Grove.
But the snowfall didn't translate to snow days for Montclair students this time around. Montclair Public Schools kept to a virtual schedule (the district and Montclair Education Association are still in a dispute over returning students to school buildings, as is). Montclair Kimberley Academy students began their day at 9 a.m. As of Monday mid-day, no schedule adjustments for Tuesday have been announced.
Also as of mid-day Monday, the NJ Transit's Montclair-Boonton Line was experiencing up to 30-minute delays due to Amtrak signal issues, but had no service cancellations. NJ Transit alerts are updated frequently here.
Montclair Township Monday morning rescinded its state of emergency, during which vehicle owners were allowed to park in municipal decks and lots for free. Owners without permits will have until 6:30 p.m. Monday to remove their vehicles.
We may not be done with the snow. The National Weather Service said there was a 30 percent chance of snow Monday night after 3 a.m., and more snow was likely Tuesday. About 1 to 3 inches was possible. There's a 30% to 40% chance of snow on Wednesday and Thursday as well. NWS forecasts are updated frequently here.
The following photos have been submitted by readers of Montclair Local: