Rep. Mikie Sherrill’s office collects 3,031 thank you notes for veterans
US Rep. Mikie Sherrill's (NJ-11) office collected 3,031 thank-you notes to be distributed to veterans across New Jersey.
The notes were written by residents as a part of her “Thanksgiving Thank Yous for Veterans” program.
“My team and I are so incredibly grateful for the fantastic response we received for the ‘Thanksgiving Thank Yous for Veterans’ program,” Sherrill said in a press release from her office. “I’d like to especially thank all the students from across our community who made these wonderful thank you notes. Our veterans truly deserve this outpouring of support from our residents. and I know they appreciate it, especially during the holiday season.”
Notes were delivered to military facilities, veteran service providers, and other locations across the district and will extend as far as Walter Reed Medical Center in Virginia. The notes were also delivered to organizations that serve the 11th District’s veterans, including:
- Picatinny Arsenal
- East Orange VA Medical Center
- Morristown VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic
- Morris County Veterans Services Office
- Passaic Veteran Services Office
- Catholic Charities, Dioceses of Paterson Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program
- Community Hope, Inc.
- Morristown American Legion Post 312 & Welcome Home Vets
- Woodland Park American Legion Post 238
- Butler VFW Post 8096
- Montville VFW Post 5481
- Warrior Strong
- New Jersey Firemen's Home in Boonton
- New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home at Paramus
- Montclair State University Office of Veteran and Military Resources
- Atlantic Health True North Behavioral Health for Veterans
- New Jersey Veterans Home at Paramus
- Cedar Crest Senior Living Community