West Orange, NJ – Turtle Back Zoo is once again looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to join its Docent Program! Enjoy the rewarding experience of becoming a Zoo Docent.
Docents are volunteer educators who are among the most visible members of our Zoo community. Their main function is to provide the Zoo guests with quality, educational and enriching experiences while they are here. Turtle Back Zoo docents act as guides, give educational talks, staff special events and are stationed throughout the Zoo to provide information to visitors about the Zoo and its animal collection. You don’t need a background in biology or zoology, just a love of zoos and interest in public service.
Docent Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Submit an application found at: http://turtlebackzoo.com/docent-volunteers/ by January 13, 2023
- Complete an interview held on Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Complete an 8-day training course held on Sundays, beginning February 5, and running through the end of March, on Zoo grounds
- Pay a one-time fee of $30 to cover training materials
- Commit to volunteer a designated number of hours/events on at least two selected days a month throughout the year
Interested? Contact the Zoo’s Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 973-731-5800 ext. 306.